Events submitted/posted on Aurora’s Event Calendar must:
- Have a clear connection to the Town of Aurora and the community.
- A non-profit or not-for-profit community based event
- Be submitted no less than 10 business days prior to the date of the event to ensure posting on the calendar
The Town of Aurora will not allow the following type of events to be submitted through the Community Calendar:
- Announcements/events that promote a commercial interest or commercial cause
- Political and/or partisan based events from non-elected officials.
Official Plan Review Open House - This event has already occurred
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
100 John West Way
View on Google Maps
Aurora is reviewing and updating its Official Plan. Did you know? The Official Plan is one of the Town's primary tools to direct the actions of local government, shape development decisions and manage growth in the short and long- term. Join us for an Open House to learn more about the Official Plan Review and to share what is important to you as our community grows and changes.
Following the Open House, members of the public are invited to a Special Meeting of Council beginning at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers to hear and provide feedback on what revisions may be required to the 2010 Official Plan. The Official Plan Review is an exciting project that will explore and update the policy framework that guides growth and physical change across the Town to 2041.
What is an Official Plan?
The community’s vision for growth and development is implemented through an Official Plan, which is a land use planning document for the entire municipality. The Official Plan sets out the goals, objectives and policies to manage and direct physical change and the effects on the social, economic, built and natural environment of the municipality
Outside Council Chambers